VL53L0X Time-of-Flight (ToF) Laser Ranging Sensor Breakout 940nm GY-VL53L0XV2 Laser Distance Module I2C IIC
$9.85 Inc. GSTCompare
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Discover the remarkable VL53L0X Time-of-Flight (ToF) Laser Ranging Sensor Breakout 940nm GY-VL53L0XV2 Laser Distance Module I2C IIC – a cutting-edge solution brought to you by ST Microelectronics. This compact module is ingeniously designed to revolutionize your ranging needs. Before delving into its myriad applications, it’s recommended to peruse the comprehensive VL53L0X datasheet (1MB pdf) for a deeper understanding of this product’s capabilities.
Harnessing the prowess of ST’s ingenious FlightSense technology, the VL53L0X precisely gauges the time taken for infrared laser light pulses to travel to the nearest object and bounce back to the detector. Effectively, it encapsulates a miniature, self-sustained lidar system. Through its Time-of-Flight (TOF) measurements, it triumphantly deciphers the absolute distance to a target without succumbing to the vagaries of object reflectivity. With a remarkable range, it can faithfully report distances up to 2 meters (6.6 feet), achieving an impressive 1mm resolution. However, its precision is subject to the caprices of ambient conditions, target attributes like reflectance and size, and sensor configurations. (Please note that accuracy ranges from an optimal ±3% to approximately ±10% in less favorable conditions.)
Communication and configuration are facilitated via the sensor’s I⊃2;C (TWI) interface, which also accommodates sensor adjustments. Notably, the sensor flaunts two additional pins – a shutdown input and an interrupt output – further enhancing its versatility.
The VL53L0X is undeniably a technological marvel. Yet, its diminutive, leadless LGA package might pose challenges for students and enthusiasts. Additionally, its recommended operating voltage of 2.8 V could be a hurdle when interfacing with microcontrollers running at 3.3 V or 5 V. Addressing these concerns head-on, our breakout board emerges as the solution. It streamlines initial interactions with the sensor, all while ensuring minimal form factor.
Explore the PIN Descriptions:
- VDD: A stable 2.8 V output, generously capable of powering external components, with an impressive current capacity of nearly 150 mA. (For those inclined to bypass the internal regulator, repurpose this pin as a 2.8 V input with VIN disconnected.)
- VIN: The pivotal power supply link, spanning 2.6 V to 5.5 V. I⊃2;C lines are deftly elevated to this level via SCL and SDA level shifters.
- GND: The bedrock of your power supply, offering the grounding (0 V) connection. Ensuring harmonious communication, your I⊃2;C control source must share a common ground with this board.
- SDA: A level-shifted I⊃2;C data line, where HIGH corresponds to VIN and LOW signifies 0 V.
- SCL: The level-shifted I⊃2;C clock line, with HIGH mirroring VIN and LOW aligning with 0 V.
- XSHUT: This pivotal pin, bearing an active-low shutdown input role, is inherently tied to VDD. In its default state, the sensor is enabled as the board pulls it up. Alternatively, toggling this pin to low places the sensor into hardware standby. Noteworthy, this input remains unaltered by level shifting.
Experience the Future:
Unveil the future of ranging with the inclusively packaged GY-VL53L0XV2V L53L0X Time-of-Flight Distance Sensor. Elevate your projects, research, and innovations to new heights as you harness the potential of this avant-garde creation.
|Dimensions||260 × 160 × 20 mm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.